Private Tour Terms and Conditions
- Our Private Tours are only available to participants who are 14 years of age and above. All participants must agree to follow all instructions given by our staff at all times. Ultimate tours have a minimum age of 16 years.
- Enclosed shoes (compulsory), long shorts/pants and long sleeves are highly recommended to be worn during your tour. No singlets or sleeveless shirts, skirts or dresses.
- No hats, sunglasses, jewellery etc should be worn on the day, or loose-fitting clothing. And you are best wearing neutral colours (green, brown, beige, blue, black), no bright colours or white. Blue or black jeans are fine. If our staff feel that your clothing may not be suitable, we may postpone your tour.
- Strong smelling perfume or aftershave should be avoided. Shoes or clothing that have been recently worn around pets (dogs, cats) or livestock (horses etc) are not permitted.
- You will not need any personal items for your tour, including cameras or mobile phones. Our staff will take some photographs for you during your tour with our camera, though it should be noted that this is not a paid photographic shoot and our focus is ensuring yourself and our animals have a memorable experience. Any photos captured will then be emailed to you following your tour. Photos are not guaranteed.
- Food and drink should not be brought onsite. Participants will be given F10 hand sanitizer to ensure that hands are clean prior and post tour.
- Participants afflicted with a cold, influenza, or cold sores will not be able to participate in experiences with monkeys due to the risk of infection for our primates.
- Touching of the animals is permitted after staff instruction and under strict supervision if/when possible. All interaction is at the discretion of our cats, no interaction is guaranteed. WCCC does not take any responsibility for any injuries that are received. First Aid will be given if required.
- All private tours are subject to weather conditions. If it is raining on the day, extreme winds or heat above 38 degree C tours may be postponed, rescheduled, or a refund given if necessary. Staff discretion is final. Tours may be cut short at any time for any reason at the staff’s discretion.
- People not participating in the private tour are not permitted to enter the property to observe or take photographs. Only tour participants are given access to property.
- Guests must be fit and healthy, and have full motor skill capacity and must be able to squat/kneel down and stand up quickly and without assistance. Any guests that arrive and cannot display if asked to do so, will not be able to take part in the tour, with the tour being cancelled with no refund.
- Our full street address and arrival details will be provided once a booking is confirmed and paid for, not before.
In the event that you cancel your private tour the following cancellation applies:
- Bookings cancelled at least 30 days prior to event date will be given a full refund.
- Cancellations between 14 and 30 days prior to the event date incur a 50% cancellation fee.
- Bookings cancelled within 14 days of the event date incur a 100% cancellation fee.
- If a guest wishes to reschedule their booking, this must be agreed to by WCCC management.
- No transfer of booking date will be offered within 14 days of the booking.
The Wild Cat Conservation Centre Pty Ltd ABN 64 132 007 713 is committed to protecting the personal information entrusted to us in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) as amended from time to time (including the Australian Principle Principles) (the Privacy Act) and other applicable privacy laws
Please be sure to read the entire policy before using this website or submitting personal information to us, our related companies, or our agents or contractors.
How we collect your personal information
We collect personal information that is necessary for our activities and in order to provide and develop our services. We may do this in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you, when you provide it to us or our agents or contractors;
- from publicly available resources;
- by analysing our own records of your use of our services and website;[by exchanging information with trusted charitable, research and like-minded organisations];
- by taking video or photographic images of you with our animals, at the Wild Cat Conservation Centre or our public events.
We also may collect your personal information when legally required.
What personal information do we collect and why?
The type of personal information we collect may include [e.g. your name, date of birth, address, telephone numbers, email address, credit card and/or bank details, donation history, details of any medical conditions that may be reasonably necessary for staff to be aware of to ensure your safety, and your preferences regarding our services. If we are not provided with the personal information that we request, we may not be able to meet your request or provide our services to you.
The personal information you provide us may be used for a number of purposes connected with our operations, which include to:
- process donations and provide receipts;
- communicate with you in relation to campaigns, events and other opportunities to support us, as well as provide information about our activities and objectives;
- promote our programs and services through publications, education materials, social media or our website (non-sensitive personal information only);
- conduct and/or fund research relating to our programs and services;
- enable you to assist us with volunteering, community fundraising, advocacy and other activities where we seek assistance from the community;
- verify your identify;
- improve and evaluate our programs and services; and comply with relevant laws.
Your personal information may also be used so that we, our wholly owned subsidiaries, agents and contractors can provide you with information about our services, such as by way of direct mail or telemarketing, and, where you have opted in, by email, SMS and MMS, or to request your feedback for promotional purposes. You always have the right to opt-out of receiving such information. You may exercise that right by contacting us as set out below.
We may also use your personal information for purposes related to those described above which would reasonably be expected by you.
We will not use your personal information for purposes other than those described above unless we have your consent or as permitted by law (including for law enforcement or public health and safety reasons).
We generally do not wish to be informed of a person’s sensitive information. We, in any event, will collect, use or disclose sensitive information about you only as allowed by law, for example where we have received your consent to do so or the collection is required by law.
Sharing your personal information
We may disclose your personal information in certain circumstances, such as where we are required or authorised by law or where you have consented to us doing so.
We also may disclose your personal information to:
- others in accordance with a request made by you;
- our related companies and partners;
- persons engaged in providing us with professional, business, technology and corporate services, when reasonably required;
- [trusted charitable, research and like-minded organisations;
for promotional purposes including but not limited to publications, education materials, social media or our website (non-sensitive personal information only)
When making such a disclosure we will take reasonable steps to ensure that the recipient is bound by privacy obligations.
Unless you consent, we otherwise will not disclose your personal information to third parties.
Does my personal information leave Australia?
We will only send your personal information outside Australia:
- if we are authorised to do so by law;
- if you have consented to us doing so.
In the course of our ordinary business operations we may disclose personal information to third parties located in Southern Africa as part of our ongoing research conservation initiatives or to facilitate our annual hosted trips to the region.
Access and correction
You may request access to any of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us as specified below. We reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee for the costs of retrieval and supply of any requested information.
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date. To ensure your personal information is accurate, please notify us of any errors or changes to your personal information and we will take appropriate steps to update or correct such information in our possession.
Storage and security
Wild Cat Conservation Centre handles personal information electronically and in hard copy form. We will take all reasonable precautions to safeguard your information from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, modification, disclosure or destruction. We implement a range of security measures to protect the personal information that we hold, including:
- storing relevant documents in a secured area;
- confidentiality and privacy clauses in volunteer and employment contracts who may have access to personal information;
- restricting staff access to personal information only where necessary.
- Using a online payment system for private tours and donations
Links to other websites
Notifiable Data Breaches scheme
In the event of any loss or unauthorised access or disclosure of your personal information that is likely to result in serious harm to you, we will investigate and notify you and the Australian Information Commissioner as soon as practicable, in accordance with the Privacy Act.
We expects our procedures will deal fairly and promptly with your complaint. However, if you remain dissatisfied, you can also make a formal written complaint with the Officer of the Australian Information Commissioner (which is the regulator responsible for privacy in Australia):
|Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC)|
|1300 363 992|
|Director of Compliance
Office of the Australian
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001
How to contact us
Phone: +61404 058 039
PO Box 7320